Do you enjoy good company, thought-provoking conversation, and quality reading? Join KWEN’s next book club gathering to explore environmental and women’s issues.
The next meeting is Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at the Baker Wetlands Discovery Center from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m The Discovery Center is located at 1365 N. 1250 Road, Lawrence, KS 66046.
For April’s book club meeting, we are reading Cross Creek by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings, but if you feel like reading a different book then that’s okay too!
For questions contact Helen Schnoes firstname.lastname@example.org
Past books read:
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, by Barbara Kingsolver
- Men Explain Things To Me, an essay collection by the always brilliant Rebecca Solnit
- Alternative (other) option, read the lead essay by the same name here, from which the notion of “mansplaining” emerged
- Silent Spring by Rachel Carson
- This Changes Everything by Naomi Klein