Do you enjoy good company, thought-provoking conversation, and quality reading? Join KWEN’s next book club gathering to explore environmental and women’s issues.
The next meeting is Thursday, December 14, 2017 at Henry’s Upstairs from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m Henry’s Upstairs is at 11 E. 8th Street in downtown Lawrence, KS.
For December’s book club meeting, we are reading Good Seeds by Thomas Weso, but if you feel like reading a different book then that’s okay too!
For questions contact Helen Schnoes firstname.lastname@example.org
Past books read:
- Flight Behavior, by Barbara Kingsolver
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, by Barbara Kingsolver
- Men Explain Things To Me, an essay collection by the always brilliant Rebecca Solnit
- Alternative (other) option, read the lead essay by the same name here, from which the notion of “mansplaining” emerged
- Silent Spring by Rachel Carson
- This Changes Everything by Naomi Klein
- Cross Creek by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings